How To Make Hard Boiled Eggs? The Perfect Time!
This is a guest post coming from EatbyDate.com, a shelf life and storage information resource!
“Recently, a few of our readers at EatByDate.com have contacted us wondering how long to boil eggs and how to make hard boiled eggs. The rising interest in how long to boil eggs come from users who have too many fresh eggs reaching their expiration date, and in an attempt to salvage them decided to extend the shelf life of eggs (How long do eggs last? – Typically 3-5 weeks beyond the sell-by-date) and make hard boiled eggs! We think this is a great idea and as we stated in our post of how long do hard boiled eggs last, once boiled, the eggs last for another 7 days. However, if your goal is to extend the shelf life of fresh eggs, please remember not make hard boiled eggs until they have almost expired. This is due to the process of making hard boiled eggs, which washes away the synthetic coating placed on the egg by manufacturers in order to keep air and bacteria out, explained in our how long do hard boiled eggs last post.
As it turns out, the answer to how long to boil eggs is actually quite simple, the perfect time is 10 minutes to make the perfect hard boiled egg! In this post we have created step-by-step instructions for you to make hard boiled eggs. So please, follow these steps and learn our process on how long to boil eggs.
Instructions – How to make Hard Boiled Eggs!
1. Place clean fresh eggs in a pan. (It’s best to have eggs fill the bottom of the pan in a single layer, so if you are only boiling a few eggs, use a small pan.)
2. Add COLD water to the pan to until it covers the eggs.
3. Place the pan on medium-high heat until the water bubbles everywhere on the surface.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to boil gently for 10 minutes
5. Rinse the eggs with PLENTY of COLD water while being careful to keep the eggs in the pan.
6. Place the eggs in the fridge to cool (you can keep the eggs in same pan, but be sure all the water has been removed).
7. When cooled, peel the shells from the hard boiled eggs (gently roll the hard boiled eggs between your palm and the counter to loosen the shell first). Rinse the peeled hard boiled eggs if any shell particles remain.
So remember, How long to boil eggs? - 10 Minutes!
For more information and answers to How long food really lasts, BEYOND their Printed Dates (Sell by date, best before date, use by date, eat by date) visit EatByDate.com. Questions such as How long does pizza last, How long do spices last, How long do apples last, How long are eggs good for, How long does bacon last, How long do oreos last, please visit Eat By Date for the best shelf life and storage information! Or visit our Blog at Eat By Date!”